Let’s Get Loud: 2021 Summer Conference
CHARLIE CRIST, NIKKI FRIED, DANIELLA LEVINE CAVA, ANNETTE TADDEO, JASON PIZZO, DEAN TRANTALIS, AND MANNY DIAZ ARE FEATURED SPEAKERS AT LET’S GET LOUD: THE SUMMER CONFERENCE OF THE FLORIDA LGBTQ+ DEMOCRATIC CAUCUS
Join us in person or virtually August 6-8 in Miami
— Stringent Covid Protocols in Place Throughout the Weekend —
Let’s Get Loud: The Summer Conference of the Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus is August 6 through 8 at the Hilton Miami Downtown. Our Summer Conference draws LGBTQ+ activists and allies from around Florida; federal, state, and local elected officials; Democratic Party officials; and subject matter experts to bring together the LGBTQ+ community.
Gubernatorial candidates Rep. Charlie Crist and Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried highlight our Saturday Evening Cocktail Reception, which also features a Lifetime Leadership Award presented to Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis and our 2021 Legislative Leadership Award presented to State Senator Shevrin Jones.
NOTE: This year’s Summer Conference at the Hilton Miami Downtown is a spacious venue to allow for ample social distancing with COVID-19 protocols in place during all portions of the programming, including masking and temperature checks.
Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava, who has been internationally recognized for her strong, steady leadership during this difficult time in Miami, will be the Lunch Keynote Speaker and will be introduced by FDP Chair Manny Diaz.
Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis, Miami Beach Commissioner Michael Gongora, and North Miami Councilman Scott Galvin will discuss “How South Florida’s LGBTQ Cities Work Together” on our kickoff panel. “HIV/AIDS at 40” features a panel of notable healthcare leaders and activists looking at where we go from here. State Senator Annette Taddeo joins the “Trans Community Under Fire” panel to talk about the trans youth sports ban, which also features HRC Litigation Director Jason Starr. School Board members and activists prepare for “The Coming Assault on Our School Boards,” focusing on LGBTQ issues, critical race theory, and more. Filmmaker and activist Carmen Pelaez will outline what’s next for Cuba. And we’ll review the upcoming election and legislative session with presentations by FDP Executive Director Marcus Dixon, Florida Senate Victory’s Christian Ulvert, and State Senator Jason Pizzo.
Hilton Miami Downtown
1601 Biscayne Blvd
Miami, Florida 33132
FRIDAY AUGUST 6
- Stephen Gaskill, Caucus President
- Orlando Gonzales, Executive Director, SAVE
- Adam Gentle, Congressional candidate
- Ken Russell, City of Miami Commissioner & U.S. Senate Candidate
SATURDAY AUGUST 7
- Stephen Gaskill, Caucus President
- Christopher Richmond, MDLGBTA president
- Javier Estevez, Miami-Dade DEC Campaign Chair, Caucus Region 9 Director
Panel: How South Florida’s LGBTQ Cities Work Together
- Fort Lauderdale Mayor Dean Trantalis
- Miami Beach Commissioner Michael Gongora
- North Miami Councilman Scott Galvin
Panel: HIV/AIDS at 40
- Howard Grossman, Clinical Affiliate Assistant Professor, Florida Atlantic University
- Requel Lopes, Executive Director, World AIDS Museum (moderator)
- Jose Szapocznik PhD, Professor, University of Miami
- Shed Boren, PhD, Assistant Professor, School of Social Work, Robert Stempel College of Public Health and Social Work, Florida International University
Cuba: What’s Next?
- Carmen Pelaez, Filmaker and Activist
- Introduced by Ricky Junquera
Panel: Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Workshop on Unconscious Bias
- Mary Ann Shea, Director
Lunch Keynote Speaker
- Mayor Daniella Levine Cava
- Introduced by FDP Chair Manny Diaz
Introduced by Nik Harris, Caucus Vice President
Panel: Assault on School Boards
- Dade School Board Member Lucia Baez-Geller
- Broward School Board Member Sarah Leonardi
- Joe Saunders, Equality Florida (moderator)
- Bill McKay, Vice President, Space Coast LGBTA Democratic Caucus
Panel: The Trans Community Under Fire
- Moderator Nathan Bruemmer, LGBTQ Consumer Advocate, FDACS (moderator)
- Jason Starr, Litigation Director, HRC
- Carvelle Estriplet, Caucus Deputy Director, Region 8
- Annette Taddeo
FDP’s Plan For Winning Florida
- Marcus Dixon, FDP Executive Director
Senate Victory 2022
- Christian Ulvert, Senate Victory
- Senator Jason Pizzo
Membership Meeting (CLOSED PRESS)
7pm to 9pm
Evening Cocktail Reception (separate ticket)
- President Stephen Gaskill
- Mayor Dean Trantalis, receiving Lifetime Leadership Award
- State Senator Shevrin Jones, receiving 2021 Legislative Leadership Award
- Charlie Crist
- Commissioner Nikki Fried
SUNDAY AUGUST 8
10:30am to 12:30pm
Farewell Drag Brunch (separate ticket)
Performances by Jasmine Pryce Lords & DJ Joey Brown
**Conference Registration includes the Welcome Reception on Friday, and Continental Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday. Please be aware of separate registrations for each event, including the Membership Meeting!
Registration is $35
Click here to register for in person or virtual participation.
Evening Cocktail Reception tickets are $150
Click here to purchase your Evening Cocktail Reception ticket(s).
Sunday Brunch tickets are $35
Click here to purchase your Sunday Brunch ticket(s).
We have a hotel block at the Hilton Miami Downtown with a special rate of $179 plus tax per night. Our room block is first come, first served and is available at our special rate of $159/night through July 16.
Click here to reserve your hotel room(s).
Sponsorship Opportunities are available to put your organization in front of LGBTQ+ leaders from across Florida
Click here to review and reserve a sponsorship.
We’re gearing up to flip Florida blue, and we need your help! Join us in Miami and Let’s Get Loud!
*All registration fees and tickets are non-refundable.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Happening Out Television Network
Adam Gentle for US Congress
Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz
Welcome Reception Sponsor:
Commissioner Ken Russell, US Senate candidate
The Sexton Group
Gaskill Communications LLC
Hillsborough LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus
Jotkoff Financial Group
Sally Phillips and Ercilia Albistu
Coral Gables Democratic Club
Miami Beach Democratic Club
Miami-Dade Democratic Party
Northeast Miami-Dade Democratic Club
Stonewall Democratic Caucus of Sarasota County