Terri Wonder for Manatee County Commission
FOR MANATEE COUNTY-WIDE COMMISSIONER, DISTRICT 6
YOUR OLD FLORIDA GIRL
FIGHTING FOR OLD FLORIDA
“I’m the grand-daughter of Polish-immigrant farmers from Archer, Florida, and the daughter of a farmer and radio repairman from Alachua, Florida. How could I not love Old Florida? A county that spends millions each year in tourist taxes marketing Old Florida must ensure that over-development and deep injection wells for toxic waste under our aquifer do not ruin Old Florida. –Terri Wonder
Your vote for Terri Wonder in November 2014 is a vote for a commissioner who knows that Manatee County’s ability to remain an attractive place to live, work, and play is directly related to its ability to not put peoples’ quality of life at risk.
- Respect the unique way of life of localities such as Terra Ceia, Myakka City, Duette, Waterline Road, and other communities that must maintain their rural character to survive.
- Recognize that wetlands, mangroves, seagrass, rivers, lakes, and other natural resources are capital assets that sustain our tourism and agricultural economies—and our lives.
- Demand fiscally responsible development that keeps taxes low and doesn’t devalue existing homes and farmland.
- Prevent your taxes from being used as slush funds for Corporate Welfare schemes and Pork Barrel projects.
- Protect citizens’ right to quiet, safe enjoyment of their neighborhoods and streets from increased traffic congestion and road deficiencies.
- Ensure that over-development does not hamper the use of I-75 as a hurricane evacuation route (I-75 is already being used as a local road, as opposed to a state or national highway route).
**Text taken verbatim from a Political advertisement approved by and paid for by Terri Wonder, Democrat, for Manatee County Commissioner-at-Large, District 6.