Register Now for Summer Membership Meeting and Conference
The Florida GLBT Democratic Caucus is pleased to announce plans for our upcoming Summer Membership Meeting and Conference, held July 18 – 20, 2014, in Melbourne, Florida! The membership meeting will include general Caucus business as well as discussion and voting on proposed bylaws amendments. As always, there is no cost to attend the membership meeting.
Additionally, the Caucus will host an informative conference designed to educate members and strengthen local chapters. The tentative conference agenda is listed below, subject to change:
Friday, July 18th
- 6 to 8pm: Evening Reception
Saturday, July 19th
- 8 to 9am: Continental Breakfast and Registration
- 9 to 9:45am: Financial Planning for GLBT Couples – Presenter: Alan Jotkoff
- 9 to 9:45am: VAN Training – Presenter: Denise Gore
- 10 to 10:45am: Voter Registration Training – Presenter: Denise Gore
- 10 to 10:45am: Chapter Development – Presenter: Andy Janecek
- 11 to 11:45am: General Session – Medical Marijuana (Amendment 2) – Presenter: Jodi James
- 12 to 1pm: Lunch (Speakers Perry Thurston and David Cox)
- 1 to 4pm: Membership Meeting
- 2pm: Coffee Break
- 7pm: Soiree at Cold Keg
Sunday, July 20th
- 8am: Breakfast
- 9 to 9:45am: Environmental Activism – Beth McMillen – Marine Resource Council
- 9:45 to 11:45am: Transgender Issues – Presenter: Gina Duncan
- 12pm: Speaker Nan Rich
- 1pm: Adjournment
The conference registration fee of $50 includes a Friday night welcome reception with cash bar hosted by the Brevard County Democratic Executive Committee, a continental breakfast on Saturday morning sponsored by Jotkoff & Associates, a Saturday night soiree at the Cold Keg in Melbourne, and a Sunday breakfast buffet!
The host hotel, Holiday Inn Melbourne – Viera Conference Center, has established a discounted room rate of $79 per night for this event. Reservations can be made online by clicking this link before Wednesday, July 9th.
Members attending the membership meeting, conference, or both, are encouraged to register in advance. There is no fee to attend the membership meeting.
Conference registration is now closed.
July 18 – 20, 2014
Location: Holiday Inn Melbourne – Viera Conference Center
8298 North Wickham Boulevard
Melbourne, FL 32940
Join us as we prepare for victory in November, 2014!