All In to Win In 2020 – Attend our Winter Conference: March 6-8
We’re All In to Win In 2020 — it’s the Winter Conference of the Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus! Join us March 6-8 at the Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeside Hotel for the kickoff to the Florida 2020 election season. As always, the Winter Conference will feature elected officials and candidates, Democratic Party officials, subject matter experts on specific topics, interesting panel discussions on LGBTQ issues and plenty of opportunities for participation.
We’ll also hold a Membership Meeting to discuss bylaws changes, and conduct a Presidential Straw Poll so Floridians will know where the LGBTQ community stands.
Here are a few important things to know:
To vote at the Membership Meeting AND in the Presidential Straw Poll, you must be a member in good standing for 2020.
- Members from 2019 must renew by March 1
- New members must join by January 22
To register for All In to Win In 2020, click here. Your registration fee covers Materials, the Welcome Reception on Friday evening, and Continental Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday. Conference registration is $40 through March 5; then $50 during the conference.
The highlight of the conference, our Leadership Dinner, is separately ticketed, and dinner tickets can be purchased here. Leadership Dinner tickets are $90 through March 5; then $100 during the conference.
The Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeside Hotel is a beautiful resort, and we have secured a room rate of $149 per night. Our room block is being held until February 21, so please book your room as soon as you can. Book directly with the hotel here.
Sponsors can click here to get more information about sponsorship packages and leadership dinner program ads.
We’ll release details and specifics on our program shortly, but our schedule is currently:
FRIDAY, MARCH 6
ALL EVENTS ARE AT THE MARRIOTT ORLANDO LAKESIDE HOTEL UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED
Registration begins at 5pm
6:30pm to 8:30pm
Sponsored by the Rainbow Democrats
SATURDAY, MARCH 7
Breakfast Speaker To Be Announced Shortly
- Stephen Gaskill, President, Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus
- Brandon Nelson, President, Rainbow Democrats
- Wes Hodge, Orange County DEC Chair
Presentation: Forces Driving Discrimination in Florida Schools
- Carol Cleaver, science teacher; Escambia Education Association Teacher’s Union; Vice President of the Emerald Coast Equality LGBTA Democratic Caucus
Panel Discussion: Florida’s Conversion Therapy Bans
- Eric Rollings, leader of the Orange County ban effort
- Heather Wilke, Zebra Coalition
- Terry Fleming, leader of the Alachua County ban effort
Presentation: What Does That Mean? Non-Binary, Genderqueer and the New Language of the LGBTQ+ Movement
- Reign Hervey, Caucus Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Orlando Commissioner Patty Sheehan
Speaker: Tallahassee Legislative Update
- State Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith
Panel Discussion: HROs — How to Implement Them and Protect Them
Panel Discussion: Issues and Challenges for Florida’s Trans Community
- Nathan Bruemmer, former Executive Director, ALSO Youth
- Ricki Bauman, Assistant Secretary, Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus
- Gina Duncan, Director of Transgender Equality, Equality Florida
- Ben Johansen, Founder, Pulse Ribbon Project
- Director Presentations
- Bylaws Change Discussion and Vote
- Presidential Straw Poll
6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Congressional Keynote: U.S. Rep. Val Demings
- Stephen Gaskill, President
- Terrie Rizzo, Florida Democratic Party Chair
- Speakers To Be Announced Shortly
SUNDAY, MARCH 8
10am to Noon
1235 N. Orange Ave.
Group Tour of Pulse Memorial
1912 S. Orange Ave.