All In to Win In 2020 – Attend our Winter Conference: March 6-8
We’re All In to Win In 2020 — it’s the Winter Conference of the Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus! Join us March 6-8 at the Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeside Hotel for the kickoff to the Florida 2020 election season. As always, the Winter Conference will feature elected officials and candidates, Democratic Party officials, subject matter experts on specific topics, interesting panel discussions on LGBTQ issues and plenty of opportunities for participation.
We’ll also hold a Membership Meeting to discuss bylaws changes, and conduct a survey of Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic activists on the presidential race so Floridians will know where the LGBTQ community stands.
The highlight of the conference, our Leadership Dinner, is separately ticketed, and dinner tickets can be purchased here. Leadership Dinner tickets are $90 through March 5; then $100 during the conference. House Impeachment Manager and U.S. Representative Val Demings will deliver the Congressional Keynote at the Leadership Dinner. We’re also excited to hear from special guest Dr. Jill Biden!
Registration & Hotel
To register for All In to Win In 2020, click here. Your registration fee covers Materials, the Welcome Reception on Friday evening, and Continental Breakfast and Lunch on Saturday. Conference registration is $40 through March 5; then $50 during the conference.
The Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeside Hotel is a beautiful resort. Book directly with the hotel here.
Marriott Orlando Airport Lakeside
7499 Augusta National Drive
Orlando FL 32822
Lunch is included with your conference registration. However, advance tickets can be purchased for $10 if you’d like to just attend and hear our exciting speakers without eating lunch. If you’d like lunch included or wish to attend the full day’s events, please register for the conference. Cynthia Nixon will headline the lunch session along with Orlando City Commissioner Patty Sheehan! Cynthia is a former actress, previous New York gubernatorial candidate, and supporter of Senator Bernie Sanders.
Sponsors can click here to get more information about sponsorship packages and leadership dinner program ads.
FRIDAY, MARCH 6
ALL EVENTS ARE AT THE MARRIOTT ORLANDO LAKESIDE HOTEL UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED
Registration begins at 5pm
6:30pm to 8:30pm
Sponsored by the Rainbow Democrats
SATURDAY, MARCH 7
Breakfast Speaker: Terrie Rizzo, Florida Democratic Party Chair
- Stephen Gaskill, President, Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus
- Brandon Nelson, President, Rainbow Democrats
- Wes Hodge, Orange County DEC Chair
Presentation: Forces Driving Discrimination in Florida Schools
- Carol Cleaver, science teacher; Escambia Education Association Teacher’s Union; Vice President of the Emerald Coast Equality LGBTA Democratic Caucus
Presentation: What Does That Mean? Non-Binary, Genderqueer and the New Language of the LGBTQ+ Movement
- Reign Hervey, Caucus Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- Adam Sabin, Caucus Treasurer, Budget Presentation
- Ben Johansen, Founder, Pulse Ribbon Project
Lunch (12 p.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Former actress, previous New York gubernatorial candidate, and Senator Bernie Sanders supporter Cynthia Nixon
- Orlando City Commissioner Patty Sheehan
- Tickets are $10 if you’d like to just attend the lunch session to hear Cynthia and Patty speak, without eating lunch. If you’d like to lunch included or wish to attend the full day’s events, please register for the conference. This session is include in the conference registration fee.
Speakers: Tallahassee Legislative Update
- State Rep. Carlos Guillermo Smith
Panel Discussion: Issues and Challenges for Florida’s Trans Community
- Nathan Bruemmer, former Executive Director, ALSO Youth
- Ricki Bauman, Assistant Secretary, Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic Caucus
- Gina Duncan, Director of Transgender Equality, Equality Florida
Panel Discussion: Convert to Love: Ban Conversion Therapy
- Eric Rollings, Organizer, Convert to Love: Ban Conversion Therapy
- Heather Wilkie, Zebra Coalition
- Jennifer Foster, CEO, One Orlando Alliance
- Stephanie Preston-Hughes, Orange Counseling
- Ben Johansen, Founder, Pulse Ribbon Project
- Director Presentations
- Bylaws Change Discussion and Vote
- Survey of Florida LGBTQ+ Democratic activists on the Presidential Race
6:30pm to 7:30pm
- Stephen Gaskill, President
- State Senator Janet Cruz
- Dr. Jill Biden
- Congressional Keynote: House Impeachment Manager and U.S. Rep. Val Demings
SUNDAY, MARCH 8
10am to Noon
1235 N. Orange Ave.
Group Tour of Pulse Memorial
1912 S. Orange Ave.